Our Lead Auditor course focuses on understanding the ISO 22000 / ISO 9001 standard for a Food Safety Management System. It incorporates the principles of HACCP and the requirements of key standards developed by various global food retailer syndicates.
“The trainer was great with the participants. He was very friendly, welcoming and made sure everyone understood the course content.” Employee at Scalzo Food Industries
What is covered?
- Introduction to audit concepts
- Review of ISO 9001 / ISO 22000
- Key steps to auditing
- Corporate governance
- Continual improvement
- Process auditing explained
- Human factors in audits
- QMS certification audits
Who should attend?
- Regulatory auditors
- Verification agency staff
- Internal auditors
- Food safety officers
- Primary and secondary processors
- Understand ISO 22000 and how it can be interpreted to design a Food Safety Management System
- Understand Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and prerequisite programmes
- Understand the application of auditing to processes and integrated systems
- Apply ISO 9001 audit steps to verify management systems are operating effectively and efficiently
Online Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT): Individuals can train from their home or workplace. You will see a course date and this option for some of our courses. These courses are managed in the same way our classroom courses are, however, all classes are virtual. After you register, you will receive a link to sign in to our online class prior to the course date. We suggest you are prepared for this training by checking below:
Please confirm with our team for dates.
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
- For VILT, it is recommended each of your trainees have their own device or laptop to engage well with the trainer.
Contact us directly to register for this training option. Class dates will not be set for individual enrolment.
This course provides a learning and assessment pathway to the following Exemplar Global International competency units:
- Exemplar Global-AU: Management Systems Auditing
- Exemplar Global-FS: Auditing Food Safety Management Systems
- Exemplar Global-QM: Auditing Quality Management Systems
- Exemplar Global-TL: Leading Management System Audit Teams Participants assessed as competent in both the AU and FS units will meet the knowledge competency requirements to register as a Food Safety Auditor with Exemplar Global International’s qualification and competency based Food Safety Auditor Certification schemes.
Experience in HACCP is preferable.