Equip yourself with a comprehensive understanding of the obligations of operating under organics standards.
This course covers information on the role of MPI and the scope of Organics Standards. It includes interpretations and how to find up-to-date information about the Standards including the AsureQuality Organic Standard.
The course will help you prepare for an audit and you’ll come away with tips on how to get the most from your audit.
What is covered?
- Introduction and background of Organics
- Details of New Zealand legislation regarding the Organic Standards and interpretations
- Where to find the most up-to-date information
- What does an audit look like? What information needs to be provided and how to get the most out of your audit.
- Where to find supporting information and the process for following the escalation tree
- Answers to some technical and frequently asked questions covering areas such as storage, transportation, processing, pest control measures, record retention
Who should attend?
- Anyone needing to know how to keep the organic status of milk and milk products throughout the supply chain from collection of raw milk onwards.
- Transport and storage providers, dairy manufacturing staff and anyone regularly involved with maintaining the organic status of milk and milk products
- Gain an insight into the current national and international organic industry
- Gain a solid understanding of New Zealand’s Organic Standards
- Understand what an organic audit in dairy manufacturing looks like, and the key areas of concern.
- Train with an NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE).
There is no prerequisite required
- 4-hour course which includes a knowledge check
- Webinars - 5 x 1 hour bi-monthly webinars which will include topical scenarios and frequently asked questions.
- Comprehensive resource material
- An AsureQuality completion certificate
Attendance of the webinar option only is available on request. Training is not recorded on your student record of learning. Please contact us to discuss cost and times