This course is designed for anyone who is involved with the development and implementation of food defence threat assessment and food defence plans at their workplace.
What is covered?
- What is food defence, and what is its importance?
- The range of food defence threats and their potential impacts
- Attackers and their motivations
- Regulatory and certification programmes requirements
- Common threat assessment approaches
- How to conduct food defence threat assessment using Threat Assessment and Critical Control Points (TACCP) and develop a food defence plan
- Food defence plan monitoring, corrective actions, verification and record-keeping
- Explain the importance of regular reviews of food defence plans
- External audit expectations for food defence threat assessment and plans
Who should attend?
- Senior and mid-level management
- Quality assurance and internal auditors
- Technical managers
- Engineering managers/staff
- Production/processing management
- Procurement, supply chain and distribution management
- Understand the importance of robust food defence assessments and plans and the potential consequences of not having them in place.
- Know how to carry out a threat assessment and develop, implement and monitor a food defence plan.
A non-unit based assessment is included in the course.
We offer different training options for this course.
Public Schedule Classroom: See our selection of set course dates on our public schedule. Individuals can attend courses that are delivered in the classroom, face to face with our trainer. We supply catering for your training on the day. You will see the date and location (City + venue) beside each option to choose your preferred course to attend. We encourage you to train with your team and can offer group pricing for groups of 3 or more trainees.
Online Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT): Individuals can train from their home or workplace. You will see a course date and this option for some of our courses. These courses are managed in the same way our classroom courses are, however, all classes are virtual. After you register, you will receive a link to sign in to our online class prior to the course date. We suggest you are prepared for this training by checking below:
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
- For VILT, it is recommended each of your trainees have their own device or laptop to engage well with the trainer.
View pricing information here for in-house rates.
There is no prerequisite
You will be required to be 18 years old or older to be able to enrol in our courses.
Please contact our team in advance if you have any special learning needs or additional support is required on the day. Trainees with literacy concerns may request a reader/writer support for non-unit standard based training.